Monday 26 February 2007

Namaste!

Namaste!

We have arrived in Bhubaneswar after a brief overnight stop in Delhi and a very, very bumpy 2 hour flight. The first thing that strikes you about India (apart from the heat) is the cacophony of noise! Cars beeping, children playing, and even women singing.

We have been given the most amazing welcome by the WaterAid India staff, both in New Delhi and Bhubaneswar.

Tomorrow is the first visit to a village where WaterAid haven't yet started work. There is no safe water or sanitation and open defecation is the norm. I am a little apprehensive about what I may see. Hopefully I'll be able to write again tomorrow share my experiences with you.

Christina

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great picture - who's the babe on the right? Wish i was there with you. Take it easy. EVOL, Rohan.

Unknown said...

I hope that's Yorkshire Water you're pouring there :-)